SPAC Instrument Petting Zoo
SPAC is looking for student volunteers to volunteer at the Instrument Petting Zoo during SPAC’s 2017 summer season. Volunteers must be entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, or recently graduated. They must be reliable, passionate about music, and willing to teach children how to play a variety of instruments.
Interested students should email Seth Buono (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include their full name, school name, grade in school, a contact phone number, and their desired dates from the list of SPAC performances below.
There is a limit of 5 student volunteers for each night listed, so RSVP as soon as possible! If you commit to a date but cannot fulfill that commitment, contact Seth Buono at least 24 hours prior to the event so other volunteers can be contacted.
- Enter SPAC grounds via the SPAC Performer’s Gate at 5:30pm. The performer’s gate is next to the Hall of Springs, 108 Ave of the Pines. Students can either be dropped off in front of the Hall of Springs Performers gate OR they can park in the Hall of Springs parking lot.
- Help set up the Instrument Petting Zoo with SPAC staff.
- Starting at 6pm, volunteers encourage children who approach the petting zoo table to try out an instrument. The volunteer will show them how to hold it and make sound.
- 15 minutes prior to the performance put the instruments away.
- Volunteers who do not have their own car must be picked up following the performance outside the Hall of Springs Performers Gate (108 Ave of the Pines, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866).
As an added bonus, volunteers receive a free amphitheater ticket to watch that evening’s performance! There will also be free Stewarts ice cream (except for the two movie nights).
Student volunteers are needed for each of the following nights:
- July 7th – New York City Ballet
- July 14th – New York City Ballet
- August 4th – The Philadelphia Orchestra “Cirque de la Symphonie”
- August 5th – The Philadelphia Orchestra “E.T. Under the Stars”
- August 11th – The Philadelphia Orchestra “American Festival”
- August 12th – The Philadelphia Orchestra “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
- August 18th – The Philadelphia Orchestra “French Festival”
Please keep Friends of Music posted if you volunteer. We’d love to document your experience. Email email@example.com.